Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram X7 Matchmaker replacement Clamps
  • mrooke
    Free Member

Hi there,

I’ve got a Whyte with Sram X7 shifters and Avid brakeset all clamped together with the OS kits of matchmaker clamps.

I’ve bought a Shimano brakeset (my Avids are pony) but the Shimanos can’t work with the match makers and I can’t find any X7 shifter clamps on Wiggle or CR, which is bloody confusing.

Any help on what I can get to keep the shifters on would be much appreciated.

Matt

andylc
    Free Member

I think you can just do the shifters up without the block in from the brake and it’ll be fine. Alternatively I think you can get the block to fill in the gap from SRAM.

jaymoid

I’ve seen these “Problem Solvers” but seem a bit expensive, and non standard
    http://problemsolversbike.com/products/mismatch_adapters

I’m in the same boat, I would be happy with a new seperate mount for the shifters but cant seem to find any.

julzm
    Free Member

The SRAM matchmakers are actually Avid. You need to know if you need matchmaker or matchmaker x, check in the SRAM website and they tell you which one for your kit. I have SRAM X7 on in of my bikes and it looks exactly the same as the matchmaker x that runs with xx1 but best to check compatibility. CRC sell the avid clamps, bought one last week.

nickdavies

Problem solvers do the kit to attach brakes to shifters, but you don’t actually need them – your clamps still work if you take the brakes off, just remove the brake and reattach the clamp to the bar. In the box of bits that came with the bike you should have a couple of little blocks that go where the brakes go now to tidy it up.

If you want to sell the brakes with clamps on one were selling them cheap the other day, you have to spend a bit for free delivery though..

jaymoid

In the box of bits that came with the bike you should have a couple of little blocks that go where the brakes go now to tidy it up.

I got nothing in the bag of bits with my bike *shakes fist in direction of Winstanleys*

does anyone have a picture of what these are or what they might be called so I could order some?

So OP could use these to keep your shifters on?…
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BSSRXXMMCL/avid-mmx-matchmaker-clamp-silver

My matchmakers might be older than the current stock (2011)(mine look like this) If I remove the brakes, I don’t have anything (blocks?!) to provide the other half of the clamp.

nickdavies

Sorry, I’d assumed OP was talking current brakes.
    Jaymoid for the old style you can probably still use the matchmaker clamps, you can still get the original clamps if you hunt a bit, I couldn’t see any UK stock but Rose have them:

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/reverse-trigger-shifter-clamp-for-sram/aid:714290?gclid=CIfP67vm_8UCFQrJtAodNlsA7g

mrooke
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies.

Nickdavies, those rose bikes ones look perfect so do Jaymoid ‘s On one’s they look like they’d work too.

Called LBS and they gave me the part code of SLPSX049 but at £20 a pop, that’s way too much.

BY THE WAY, I’ve contacted Problem Solvers, Jaymoid to see what they could do, but as an American company, I’m guessing the cost (with Shipping) will be a bit steep. Clever stuff though.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Matt

nickdavies
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram X7 Matchmaker replacement Clamps’ is closed to new replies.