• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Sram X7 B tension problem.
  • darkslider
    Free Member

Very unlike me to start a thread asking for advice as I’ve always been of the opinion that it’s very unlikely I’m the first person to encounter a problem and it will be documented on the interwebz somewhere if I search for long enough. However, I’ve had no such joy this time and before I get the dremel out and start modifying my brand new X7 9 speed mech I wanted an opinion from a collective of knowledgeable and experienced bike gurus.

Unfortunately I don’t know any, so I thought I’d ask here instead. Have fitted the aforementioned new mech to my Intense M3 with a straight mech hanger, chain/cassette only a few rides old and new gear cable. It indexes up and down fine, but for some reason even with the B tension screw wound right the way out the mech is still rotated extremely clockwise, resulting in some peculiar stretching, stiff shifting and the upper jockey wheel residing about an inch away from the cogs of the cassette rather than the more preferable 6mm. Had an old X7 mech on there before with a similar problem, but don’t seem to remember any issues with the X9 that was on it beforehand.

Any suggestions before I grind some clearance out to allow the mech to rotate to a more natural position?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Sram X7 B tension problem.’ is closed to new replies.