Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • sram x7 3 speed 10 with Shimano Deore FD-M591-10 seem incompatible?
  • simoncb1
    Free Member

Just that really have tried adjusting everything but it just changes from large to small chainring in one click.

Any thoughts? Manually checking the X7 seems to be pulling ok with definite releases at each click.

Have I got a compatibility problem here?

vincienup
    Free Member

This is is a Front SRAM mech with rear 10sp Shimano mech and shifters?

That should work. The pull ratio for the RD isn’t compatible but the front should be.

Are you sure it’s not a 2x front you’ve got?

simoncb1
    Free Member

Hi Vincienup, not quite, Shimano front mech with Dynasys written on it and a Sram X7 shifter which has 3 speed written on it. That was my first thought too as the shifter seems to move the mech further than necessary….

If you have any other thoughts, I’d be grateful, thought all 10 speed front pull ratios were the same…

vincienup
    Free Member

Hm. Well if the shifter is marked as 3 speed that’s one thing out of the way. Dynasys just tells you the mech is definitely from the 10sp series.

Your best bet is to heave the mech off and find the model number (it’ll be FD-M then some numbers). Once you have that, Google it and check what your FD is. Shimano did make 2x specific 10sp fronts but I’ve never tried triggering one with a 3x shifter so I’m not sure what would happen. The action you’re describing wouldn’t surprise me though.

The actual pull ratios might be the same, but thay doesn’t necessarily mean that just because you can wind the limit screw in to make a 3x FD work with a 2x shifter you can expect a 2x FD to work as a 3x FD because the shifter has three positions.

simoncb1
    Free Member

Ta, I’ll read the setup instructions a bit more carefully and see if I can conquer the beast!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘sram x7 3 speed 10 with Shimano Deore FD-M591-10 seem incompatible?’ is closed to new replies.