Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • SRAM X5 10 speed shifter issue
  • kenburg
    Free Member

Hi
    Went out for a quick lap of the local woods this morning. Got half way up the steep lane from our house, having shifted all the way to the biggest cog. I went to change up and the lever seemed to be jammed and the rear mech wouldn’t move.

I flipped the bike over, took the wheel out and attempted to shift the mech but it seemed stuck fast. I coasted home, pumped up the tyres on my Orange SubZero and went out on that instead. Definitely not a bike for an XC loop…

On returning, I tried to free up the mech again. I popped the shifter off its mount and had a peek inside. The cable end ferrule looked like it was kinked, so I’m not sure if that was causing the issue. The mech will now shift down the cassette, so I’m assuming that it is a shifter rather than derailleur issue.

In the process of fiddling about with the shifter, the small shifting lever popped off its mount and a small curved spring fell out for good measure. Try as I might, I cannot find a decent exploded view diagram that shows the correct way way to reassemble this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The SRAM website isn’t much help. (Oh, and it is a current spec shifter I think, it came on a 2016 Marin Pine Mountain 1)

billyboy
    Free Member

SRAM are not very good BUT they should have a 2 year warranty from time of purchase- take it back!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X5 10 speed shifter issue’ is closed to new replies.