• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rone.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram X1 type 2.1 rear mech tension adjustment?
  • altgreen
    Free Member

I have been using the aforementioned rear mech for about a year. Originally it worked well, but now the chain slaps against the chainstay really badly. The tension of the chain feels like a non clutch type mech. I have tried removing the dust cap and adjusting the large torx but it doesn’t move, either way.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to restore normal service?

altgreen
    Free Member

Anyone?

ste_t
    Free Member

Is the mech moving freely?

My x7 has started jamming, shifts gears up and down no problem but as the mech extends it jams in place causing chain sag/slap/falling off.

Collecting replacement tomorrow then I’ll try to strip it down to free it up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tony07
    Free Member

Interested in this myself. Apparently the new pin through system is there to prevent them slacking but just seems to stop you adding tension. I’m in the same boat. Albeit with a much newer x0 mech

altgreen
    Free Member

The parallelogram part of the mech moves normally. It moves ok and you can select all the gears. Its the arm which holds the pulley wheels that seems to have lost its tension. The chain just flaps about.
    Extensive googling reveals that on earlier ver 2.0 mechs, the tension could be adjusted. There does not seem to be any way to increase the tension on the chain on this version, unless someone knows differently??

rone

I managed to on my v2 but ended up knackering it and cosmetically the cap doesn’t refit properly.

There’s some info on the web about it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram X1 type 2.1 rear mech tension adjustment?’ is closed to new replies.