Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sram X1 B bolt removal (derailleur hanger bolt) – how!!
  • bgascoyne
    Free Member

Before I start throwing my toys out of the cot, does anyone know how to remove this bolt from the derailleur? Looking online there seems to be some kind of split ring but I cant see anything. Its held on my something. The torx end of the bolt is almost destroyed so I need to put a new bolt on. Why they didn’t stay with hex is beyond me…..torx stuff is shite.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

ok, so i finally found the end of the spring clip. you need superman vision to find that. All clip are out but the bolt will still not come out. Do it just need to bash it out?

vincienup
    Free Member

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/2014_xx1_service_manual_0.pdf

Page 45 or so… it looks like it should just ease out once the circlip and washers are out.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

it came out eventually. needed a good few hits. seriously tight fit. Think I will put an old x9 bolt in which is hex rather than torx. What a ball ache that was!

vincienup
    Free Member

I wondered about compatibility of those bolts but never got a straight answer and I’ve never got around to comparing. I’d love to hear if they are compatible!

bgascoyne
    Free Member

seems to fit ok. The old x9 assembly had more of a circlip on it so I used the spring washer and spring clip thing (great description there)from the x1 and put it back together. Fits good, thread is the same. Hex is so much better than the rubbish fragile torx!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Torx is not all bad. We see far less rounded out disc bolts since almost everyone went to t25 from 3 or 4 Mm hex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sram X1 B bolt removal (derailleur hanger bolt) – how!!’ is closed to new replies.