Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM X1 1×11 – Chain too wide?
  • zeesaffa
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice please…

New bike with 1×11 setup. The chain and cassette are both X1 (XG1180) so they should be compatible. Something I’ve noticed though is that the chain seems a tiny bit too wide and as it engages on the sprocket – it also slightly rubs on the neighbouring sprocket’s teeth.
    You can only tell when the bike is in the stand and you’re looking for it. You don’t really notice it when pedalling.

Am I nitpicking? Is this normal?

gee
    Free Member

What’s the code stamped on the chain? Or perhaps gears not set up correctly or hanger bent.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Will find out exact chain code later… But i think its something like “X1… “

All gear changes are smooth and H & L screws are set right. The B tension screw has set the topmost jockey wheel to be about 2cm from the bottom of the 42t sprocket.

downhilldave

Sounds like it’s a setup thing. Have Xx1 on my bike and it rubs slightly on the next sprocket if the cable tension is not perfect. You do know the the low screw setting is not set up in the middle of the lower jockey wheel I presume?

Edit: B screw gap sounds too big, seem to remember mine is around 13 mm. Think the range is 12 to 15mm. Or see here
    http://mytwowheelers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/how-to-adjust-sram-xx1-rear-derailleur.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X1 1×11 – Chain too wide?’ is closed to new replies.