Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sram x01 cassette removal issue. confused !
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Hi all ,trying to remove a cassette using a shimano HG removal tool which park website indicates it should work ,however when I try to fit the tool ,the splines won’t fit in the slots ? It’s as if the slots have closed up more than that should ? Could this have been over tightened or faulty installation ?
    How do I resolve this ?
    Thanks in advance for any advice

honourablegeorge

Is there a hub end cap you need to remove first to allow the tool to engage?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

thanks honourable george
    yes there is but when its removed the gaps are still too small to let the splines engage im very confused ?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

its a dt swiss 370 hub with sram 11 speed x01 cassette

honourablegeorge

And it’s definitely a standard cassette tool?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

yes is a shimano hg fit standard tool

honourablegeorge

Did you figure this out, op?

benpinnick

Assuming its not a silly short spline on the tool it should work. I am guessing that by not fitting you mean the splines on your tool reach the splines on the cassette but wont engage? I’ve seen this a few times (mainly my own fault) as the splines on the cassette are easy to move causing them to get a little wonky. A small screwdriver and a bit of patience to get them straight again will fix it up.nOnce its close enough just apply some liberal force to the tool and it will engage and straighten them up for next time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sram x01 cassette removal issue. confused !’ is closed to new replies.