Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SRAM X0 11 cranks on a Whippet
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

As far as I can tell it should work:

Whippet frame, X0 11 cranks, Hope PF41 BB (with GXP shims fitted), MRP Bling Ring.

According to crank instructions an additional spacer is required if BB shell measures 89.5mm – think the slightly protruding BB cups take care of that; when tightening up, the cranks don’t rotate freely – and this is nowhere near as tight as it needs to be 😕

Not familiar with SRAM cranks and it’s annoying me 🙂
    Any ideas?? Or should I just get myself to a friendly LBS?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Surely someone must know?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s a spacer issue, the missus has the same ones and they just do up tight – Sram BB though in threaded. Normal procedure is to tighten until it’s really tight so sounds like you are bottoming out on something first. Too many BB spacers?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RobHilton
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply – no spacers in there. Chainring also looks dangerously close to the chainstay, which suggests, maybe, there should be a spacer?

It is a bit of an unusual set-up; does she have a bling ring? It bolts straight to the crank arm with the spider removed and may not be helpling things 😕

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Really makes the coursing come alive

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Running the X01 Alloy with Sram 32t on a SC Tallboy so not the exact thing, just my impressions of fitting really. The cranks look tight to the BB but not touching. Have you tried with no spacers?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Nicely done wysiwyg 🙂

Guess it’s off to the LBS for me…

RobHilton
    Free Member

It transpires I was missing a “Wave Washer for GXP to PressFit Adapter” which wasn’t well explained in the exploded diagram.

It looks like this:

Big thanks to Hargroves for sorting me out and giving me some good maintenance advice (mostly, do some :mrgreen: )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X0 11 cranks on a Whippet’ is closed to new replies.