Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sram warranty turnaround time?
  • carlos
    Free Member

Bike shop thinks its currently a week, but I’ll not hold my breath.

Anyone sent anything off recently and how long was it turned around in?

Cheers

BoardinBob

6 weeks to get a replacement Monarch shock, albeit for a Specialized so it was a weird size

chakaping
    Free Member

Dropped a fork off at LBS a couple of weeks ago, not heard anything yet.

Got a shock warrantied earlier this year and that was about two weeks.

jonnym92

Sent a set of Pikes away and received a brand new set under a week later.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Both Reverbs were returned/ replaced in about a week (few months ago).

chakaping
    Free Member

Sent a set of Pikes away and received a brand new set under a week later.

What was the complaint with the original.

(crosses fingers for a brand new Lyrik)

landslide

Sent a Revelation fork off Monday 22nd August, replacement arrived back Monday 5th September. Shop did chase it up, as they reckoned it normally takes ~10 days.

jonnym92

What was the complaint with the original.

My complaint was that there was a knocking on travel extension, the charger damper then dropped its oil out all over the place when I tried to do a lower leg service so that any dial change did nothing.

The sram report said it was a creaky crown with worn lower bushes. Gave me a brand new set, though this was a 2016 set I sent away anyway..

carlos
    Free Member

Hmmm, as I thought, it’s gonna be at least a week.

On a positive note, at least I have another bike to ride and the shock is interchangeable between the two.

Cheers

woolymonster
    Free Member

As it should be, anything Warranty related will be dealt with straight away/ASAP (as long as they have the required parts in stock).

The turn-around time for Service is up at three weeks due to the amount of stuff passing through. In reality I’ve had things back in two weeks, but work on three. The guys there are pulling shifts until 9pm to try sort it too, gotta cut them a bit of slack sometimes 😀

Not ideal but it is what it is 🙂

mildbore

Varies depending on how much work they have at the time. Had a reverb back within a week but in May they took 4 weeks to look at a Pike then replaced it immediately

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Currently 3 weeks for wait before they even look at something that’s in for service but they try to do warranties straight away . That said supplies of spares for some of the parts that fail regularly can be pretty patchy and can also be a few weeks away from being in stock .Rockshox damping cartridges for example .

carlos
    Free Member

Well it might not be as long as I thought then, as the shock has gone off for a warranty on the rebound knob. Still sounds like it’ll be more than a week, a little will depend on the LBS sending it off ASAP, which should have been in yesterday’s post.

Back on the 26’er for a while then 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Well that’s a result, the LBS has just called to say the shock is back and ready for collection. Not bad as I only dropped it off Friday morning.

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sram warranty turnaround time?’ is closed to new replies.