Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM Type 2.1 clutch … abit rubbish?
  • Woodentop
    Free Member

Recently got a new (used) bike with a X1 rear mech & type 2.1 clutch, 2 dropped chains on the second ride,(never any dropped chains with previous shimano mech).Had a look at it this week to see if there were any issues, all looks fine but the clutch part of it doesnt exactly feel like its doing a great deal, well, not compaired to Shimano ones i previously used.
    Am i right in thinking you cant strip / adjust it due to the pin thats pressed in by the T55 bolt?
    Is this just how they are (first time SRAM owner) or is there a problem?

Cheers

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

How’s the chainring? I’ve never dropped a chain on Sram as long as the ring isn’t worn out past chain retention.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Both my main mtb bikes are sram 1-11 a never dropped a chain unless the chainring was knackered The epic does not have a front chain device of any sort. Have a look on pink bike there was a guide to fiddling with the clutch

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Woodentop
    Free Member

Chain ring looks fine (SRAM X Sync), maybe i was just unlucky? I thought that with it not feeling as strong as my Shimano mech then that could be the cause. Ill give it a few more rides and see how it goes.
    Couldnt find much info on the 2.1 clutch, 2.0 appears to be servicable / adjustable, 2.1 appears to have a pin pressed in … not sure if thats to lock the internals or to lock the T55 bolt, dont really wanna bust anything forcing it off.

Cheers

beano68
    Free Member

Never dropped a chain on mine either, only problem I had with my 2.1 was the actual internal clutch spring had gone and it was replaced under warranty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Type 2.1 clutch … abit rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.