Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sram shifter and FM compatible with Shimano crankset?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

I used to run:
    XT 2x shifter
    Sram X7 FM (direct mount)
    XT 2×10 crankset

it worked perfectly.

I’m trying to switch the shifter to an X9 two speed. There appears to not be enough movement in the mech to shift up properly to the big ring. Cable tension is good and the stop screw is nowhere near being contacted.

Is this a compatibility issue? ie XT crankset requires Shimano shifter, and a SRAM shifter won’t work? (Presumably because the chainrings are spaced differently?)

Ta.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Running XT Front with XO Twistie on a Truative/SRAM 2x Chainset so not that specific

mattjg
    Free Member

yeah – AFAIK it should work, but I can’t figure out why. All I did was switch the shifter really.

Suspicions are aroused because the mech body is nowhere near contacting the H stop screw, even with it wound in fully. The shifter’s not pulling enough cable, basically.

mattjg
    Free Member

Fixed: hidden inside the outer, the cable had a loose filament causing extra friction. Shifting works fine with a new cable. Thx for stopping me barking up the wrong tree.

– M

scandal42
    Free Member

I run Sram shifters, Shimano Crankset and Sram mechs and have no issues at all.

That doesn’t help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sram shifter and FM compatible with Shimano crankset?’ is closed to new replies.