Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SRAM Roam wheels – no spare rims available!
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I was thinking of buying a set and looked into spares availability and Fishers have confirmed they can’t get spare rims!

That’s Roams scrubbed off the list then…

Northwind

Ah, factory wheels. No matter how many times they break your heart, you’ll keep coming back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

But they are soooooooo fancy!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you know other rims will fit don’t you?

Or follow the other way, pick hubs you like, get rims you like fitted to hubs you like with spokes you like 🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    you know other rims will fit don’t you?

Negates the point of buying them as long term wheels then, that’s kind of my point. Shame, i can’t find much else in alloy of a similar width and weight

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Similar weight and width? XC rims? maybe there is a good reason they don’t have any stock of rims and that weight

benpinnick

DT have a few options – You wont be able to buy the exact same rim as a replacement but you could buy the equivalent rim (just different graphics).

DickBarton

If you mangle the rim then it has failed as a long term wheel…so buy them and replace the rim with something else. Seems a daft reason not to buy a wheelset that you like…plenty other options available if/when it fails.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member
    If you mangle the rim then it has failed as a long term wheel…so buy them and replace the rim with something else. Seems a daft reason not to buy a wheelset that you like

Any wheel that gets buckled is a failure?

plenty other options available if/when it fails.

You sure? Same drilling and ERD?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member
    If you mangle the rim then it has failed as a long term wheel…so buy them and replace the rim with something else. Seems a daft reason not to buy a wheelset that you like…plenty other options available if/when it fails

Seriously Richard? Devils advocate! Know many crossmax owners who would be quite happy replacing their rims with something else?

leftyboy
    Free Member

@glasgowdan Which Roam wheels/size have you looked at? My Roam 40s have been fine and I’m not alight rider. In fact I have a brand new set, 650b, that came with an insurance replacement for my Whyte T-130 Works if you’re interested?

DickBarton

Nope, but Dan was saying if the rim can’t be replaced then it isn’t a long term wheelset…thing is a rim can get humped without too much work and can be replaced with something else which means there of not buying because a replaceable part can’t be replaced with the same doesn’t sounds sensible to me.
    If the price is right and they do what is needed then get them…of there is a failure that needs the rim replaced then get whatever suits for that part. Holes and spoke length will determine final batch of suitable replacements to then pick the suitable piece.
    Devils advocate perhaps but you fail to factor in the label-requirement of a lot of riders these days…if the label on the kit isn’t right then it is a disaster…

mjsmke

I’ve been riding on Sram Roam 40’s since February and had no issues. Hit lots of steps and rocks quite hard too and no dents even with low tire pressures.

MrAgreeable

Oh my god. Look at the designer’s name.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Roam wheels – no spare rims available!’ is closed to new replies.