Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SRAM Roam replacement spokes slight rant/plea for help
  • mrhoppy

Whilst I was away I snapped a spoke on my front wheel. It’s a SRAM Roam 50 with their ‘solo spoke’, now I suspected I was going to get bent over and reamed for replacements as it’s got a name and sure enough it’s £12 for 3. 😯 What I didn’t expect was that Fishers don’t see fit to hold stock of these and it’ll be mid August at the earliest to get a replacement. 👿 Now if you’re going to put fancy ass non standard spokes in a wheel fine but surely the importer should be holding some spares.

I have heard that CX ray straight pulls work, anyone know whether this is the case?

phil56

What wheel size? Do you know what length you need?
    I had this problem, so ordered several spares for my Roam 60 29er wheels.
    If I have the right length I can send you one until yours arrive,
    Phil

Dave
    Free Member

I just ordered the right length Sapim CX Ray.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I wanted some spare spokes for my sram rails when I ordered my bird. Ben at bird couldn’t supply via fishers but sent me an Amazon link where I could buy some from.

otsdr
    Free Member

Yes, CX Rays work – 300mm for the 29, I think.

mrhoppy

Cheers guys, and thanks Phil56 for the offer. Mine are 650b so probably not the same size. Will have to see what I can turn up.

benpinnick
    downhilldave

I’ve got some spares for my Rail 50’s 650b Will have a measure later this morning if you want mrrhoppy. 😉
    “Edit” Ah ben has it sorted for you too late

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Roam replacement spokes slight rant/plea for help’ is closed to new replies.