Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • sram rival – what is it in shimano terms?
  • transapp
    Free Member

as in, is it 105, ultegra, toro etc? Roughly where’s it aimed, and I suppose, is it any good?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably somewhere between 105 and Ultegra, lighter than both though (if that matters)

Its alrite, like any groupset. It works, probably not as smooth as shimano, the hoods are better and the shifters are better though. My front mech went to **** after 6 months or so, so replaced with a cheap shimano one.

I’d get it again over shimano.

transapp
    Free Member

Good info, thank you

paddy0091
    Free Member

I rate it, very crisp and reassuring shifts.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

A lot has to do with what shifter type you like. I love the double tap, also the trim function on the front mech, it’s a great groupset.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, pretty much depends which shifters you like. I rate the sram ones cos you dont have to push the whole brake lever across, hence you can shift and brake at the same time.

Seems reliable too, had it 18 months, dunno how many miles, quite alot though. Nowt much has gone wrong, been in a few crashes, still works (chunks of metal taken out of the lever blades as well!)

Most people reckon the GXP BB’s are shite, mine have been alrite I reckon.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

My GXP BB had a small wobble in it, swapped for a red ceramic one. The good thing is, it was so quick and easy to fit, and the cost of the standard one is low. Not the ceramic however, even with 40% off!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘sram rival – what is it in shimano terms?’ is closed to new replies.