Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SRAM red road shifters problem
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

Hi all
    On a ride last week and suffered a “gearbox problem” when ever I shifted up the lever would not click back into position as if the cable was slack.
    So this week I removed my bar tape , opened up all the access areas on the shifter ( right side ,as always!!), removed the old cable and replaced lubing it up along the way.
    The I got a cotton bud and tried to clean up as much old grease on the shifter while going thought the motions of changing gear…then regreased using finish line ceramic grease in a syringe whilst again going thought the gear change motions.
    Anyway I put the cover plates back on and fixed the cable going thought all the gears….sweet….but the lever is still not going back into position when changing gear…….

The only thing I can think of is maybe use some 3in1 oil so that the parts I couldn’t reach get a lube on them!!
    Any thing else I could do ….or have missed??

Thanks

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is it catching on anything, such as the hoods or the brake lever?

cheekyget
    Free Member

No …nothing
    I havnt even put the bar tape back on yet…as I like to sure it was working ok….which it isn’t !!…. 🙁

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Try loosening the bolt that holds it to the bar very slightly.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Good idea 😀

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Another thing to check is that if you’ve reduced the brake lever reach, you also need to adjust the reach of the double tap paddle or it catches on the brake lever when returning.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good idea

Seriosuly; give it a go.

beej

Another thing to check is that if you’ve reduced the brake lever reach, you also need to adjust the reach of the double tap paddle or it catches on the brake lever when returning.

That was going to be my suggestion too.

finbar
    Free Member

I think I can diagnose your problem…

SRAM

cheekyget
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    Good idea
    Seriosuly; give it a go.

I wasn’t taking th piss…..sorry if you thought that…well I’m home from work now and tried it …..

No change…the level reach is standard…but I will check again tomorrow when the light is better

cheekyget
    Free Member

Update…well guys…it seems you were all right….it was the lever reach…all sorted now
    Cheers 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SRAM red road shifters problem’ is closed to new replies.