Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM Pressfit BB, cleaning and regreasing possible?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’ve got a SRAM GXP Pressfit BB, which is pretty damn rough feeling. There’s no play yet, but it’s just notchy, so thinking it’d be good to clean and regrease the bearings.

However, they’re not cartridge bearings, I don’t think on inspection.

Has anyone managed to clean and regrease them? If so…. How? The normal, pull of seals with a pick, and squirt in fresh grease stalled after I pulled off the seals and could go further.

Cheers

Ricks

Dibbs
    Free Member

Says “Sealed Cartridge Bearings” on CRC website.
    IMHO, for something that only costs £23, you may as well replace it as waste time greasing only to have it fail a few weeks later.

strike
    Free Member

As I recall, SRAM have a guide on how to do this in their tech guides section.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Nothing is truly sealed & it’s easy to carefully prise the seals out using the tip of a craft knife, wash out the bearing if it’s not worn out.
    I use Isopropyl alcohol to wash out the bearing with a 1/2 paint brush & you’d be surprised how much crap comes out, re grease carefull not to over pack then pop the seal in & away you go, simples.

Worth investing in a tub of good quality grease

Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Pressfit BB, cleaning and regreasing possible?’ is closed to new replies.