Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SRAM powerlink
  • gavinpearce
    Free Member

I must be missing something, but how do you undo this? I’ve tried pushing together but doesn’t budge.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You need the pliers or to get needle nose pliers on the plate edges to squeeze them together. Finder pressure probably won’t do it.

SirHC

Some can removed them by hand, the tool makes it much easier: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/park-tool-master-link-pliers-mlp1-2/rp-prod109888

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Pointless, throw them away and get some KMC Missing Links instead if you want to be able to easily remove your chain.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not all SRAM links are quick fit, some are semi permanent Powerlink?

kcal

They can – sometimes – be done by hand, with a lot of flex of the chain, twist, push together.
    But the pliers are *much* easier 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

the 10 speed Powerlinks are supposed to be one-use only, but i’ve been using one for a good few applications and it’s still good. I use the special pliers to remove.

vondally
    Free Member

removed sram by fingers frequently basically pushing, flexing ,wiggling and patience and reused

pliers after that

could not get the KMC to move with hands or pliers or the might of the divinities

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Assuming 9spd here but piece of p1ss! Grip between thumb and finger and squeeze in opposite directions. Doesn’t need a lot of pressure, it’s more about pushing the plates in opposite directions. Unless the chain is utterly manky in which case it might want a blast of gt85

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Ok great thank you to all. Will try the squeeze bit first and then probably buy the pliers! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

8/9 speed ones are reusable. 10/11 speed aren’t. They can be done with the pliers, but they’re not designed to be undone, and to do so by hand is near impossible. The Superstar pliers are a good purchase IMO.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SRAM powerlink’ is closed to new replies.