Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sram jockey wheels seizing – alternatives?
  • siloseven
    Free Member

The ball bearing jockey wheels in the sram xo mech are just not up to northern mud and keep seizing – are there any aftermarket alternatives that are better sealed or use bushings?

whatgoesup

Lower range SRAM jockey wheels use bushings not bearings so more robust – much cheaper too

Tracey

Been using some Uberbike ones for a while and they have been far better than the SRAM ones they replaced

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Try pulling the seals out the bearings and filling with a good quality marine grease

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just grease them

siloseven
    Free Member

yes, I’ve re-greased them but I’ve done that before and just wondered if there was a more durable alternative. Last time I looked uberbike didn’t do 12T ones but I see that do now so i’ll give those try. Cheers.

Wally

I use stainless bearing tacx jockey wheels from decathlon £9 ish. Last well for me and simple 5 min job to repack. The smallest bearings I have ever seen in my life came from a shimano jockey wheel. I gave up all ideas of putting back together.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I use the cheaper GX versions, seem to last ok

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sram jockey wheels seizing – alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.