Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM GXP Dust Cover Issue
  • martib

Hi,
    Purchased a new MTB at the beginning of the year and it came with an SRAM GXP BB. It has taken a bit of a pounding especially with all the wet weather, so gave it a bit of TLC with some grease as I was getting a knocking on the drive side of the BB.
    I have now found the issue and it keeps reoccurring the drive side dust washer has a lip on it and keeps coming out when you start pedalling. Now at first I thought there should be a spacer or washer on the crank arm to stop it from doing this. According to the instructions not 😕
    Has anyone else had this issue and how did the resolve it ?(short of replacing the BB one), currently I am testing a bodge it solution to stop the dust cover coming out 🙄

Thanks 🙂

jekkyl

A rubber o ring twist the top hat and the crank.

martib

Thanks, that was similar to what I had in mind 🙂

kiwijohn

I used a nice big one left over in a rock shox rebuild kit.

welshfarmer

Hmm, I had the same issue. It was fine when running a 2×10 set up as I was able to run a spacer on both sides of the frame and that pullet the crank further into the driveside bearing and hence held the seal tight to the bearing face. However, when running a single ring and a chain device it is not possible to use the non-drive-side spacer as it causes the chainring bolts to catch on the chain device. I also thought about fitting a rubber O-ring in there. Wil give it a go next time i have the cranks off

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GXP Dust Cover Issue’ is closed to new replies.