Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SRAM GXP BB – Stock?
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Ive tried all the usual suspects Wiggle/Rutland/Evans/WoollyHatShop/SJS etc after CRC kindly emailled me to let me know their stock system works as well as their front end, grrr. Even ebay seems to pretty much only have the italian thread versions.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Anyone know if the bearings are individually replaceable (old BB is not in front of me)

thomthumb
    Free Member

halfords wiggle and CRC had stock last week…

jekkyl
    soobalias
    Free Member

totally forgot about halfords. unfortunately the five nearest stores are out of stock!

chrisdw
    Free Member

I got bored of looking for one and bought a new shimano chainset. Was a rubbish BB system anyway. So long!

wonderchump
    Free Member

Hope BB with GXP conversion? Beyond the initial outlay the bearings are replaceable. I’ve never had an issue.

Northwind

Token do a GXP option as well. I’d consider GXP BBs being out of stock as a sort of blessing in disguise tbh.

soobalias
    Free Member

inclined to agree with the ‘blessing in disguise’ part, but its not my bike and my buddy cant stretch to a chainset presently

maybe i will price a crank/bb set, pack the bearings with grease and tell him to save a fiver a week.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I picked up mine on Ebay from High On Bikes

jekkyl

as long as the cranks still turn get out there.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Think I’ve got one in the spares box that came with a frame I bought. I use Shimano cranksets, so I’d be happy to sell it.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Yep – found it. It’s in good nick, too.

soobalias
    Free Member

nice one Dom, i found one on amazon which might arrive sometime next week

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GXP BB – Stock?’ is closed to new replies.