Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sram gx 10 speed rear mech play in pivot
  • dogmatix

I’ve have just ordered and am fitting one of these to a bike build. I haven’t run it yet but on fitting it noticed a bit of lateral play on the pivot point i.e. the point that bolts to the hanger. It is only a small amount, but my older non type 2 style x9 mech has no play in this area at all. Is this anything to worry about? I have ordered a second and the same play exists.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They all seem to have it & all seem to be last approximately three rides before the play gets so bad it won’t index any more.

dogmatix

oh bugger… i am just building a new bike and built it around this.. got a oneUp 42t and planned on using it with GX 10 speed mech and shifter. Are they really that bad?

jakebeach

Me and my mate have them and they are fine so far.

kimbers

welcome to the world of sram rear mechs

good warranty though

Poopscoop

My Gx 11 speed mech is fine so far.

Swine to set up initially though.

More down to my lack of knowledge of sram 11 speed setups though to be honest.

dogmatix

my old srams were super solid (x9 on downhill bike circa 2010), but been on shimano a few years on trail bikes, thought id go back to sram as my shimano got a bit slopppy. Hmmm starting to wish I hadn’t? How long have you been running them jakebeach?

dogmatix

poopscoop, did you have a lateral tiny bit of play in the main pivot to begin with?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sram gx 10 speed rear mech play in pivot’ is closed to new replies.