Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SRAM Guide Sticky and Leaking Pistons, common?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

One of my SRAM Guide R callipers developed sticky pistons, and looks like they got scored and then destroyed the seals, as they started leaking. They’re only 8 months old, but have been ridden in filth over the winter.

My RSC rear caliper has sticky pistons too, so looks to be going the same way – they’re about 16 months old now. I’ll clean them down and add some silicon grease.

Before I just replace them, while I await the warranty replacement… Who else has had this? I thought Guides were pretty bomb proof.

(If you came here to post AVID = AVOID, you’re not helping 😉 )

Cheers

Ricks

andyb39
    Free Member

Not sure about the sticky pistons, but just discovered today that the girlfriend’ Guide Rs have developed the sticky/non returning problem in the lever/master cylinder.
    Should still be within warranty so will see how that goes.

rickon
    Free Member

The thing for me is that my Hope E4 brakes lasted about 2 years with no problems, in the Alps they got a sticky piston, but just a quick push out with a tyre lever and they were fine.

I far prefer the feel and power of the Guides though – I rode my wife’s E4s last weekend and they were far less powerful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Guide Sticky and Leaking Pistons, common?’ is closed to new replies.