Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • sram guide rsc- bleed & lever throw
  • freeriding
    Free Member

Hallo guys!
    I have a set of 2017 rsc brakes (with bleeding edge).
    All is good with the brakes, except for 2 things:

1. i can’t get through bleeding, a shallow/short lever throw. I tried also with the contact point adjustment knob in the middle, but still the lever throw is a bit much for my liking.

2. sometimes, after long descents and generally some days of use of the bike, it seems that the lever throw gets even deeper/longer, something that can be fixed through a new bleed.

Opinions and fixes on the above please 🙂

PS. i perform the bleed according to this video:

DickBarton

Did you reset the pistons? If so, try a bleed without resetting them…this will give less throw but may cause issues with brand new pads as they will be thicker than used pads so the pistons may not go far enough back.

alexpalacefan

I’m having the same issue.

What seems to be working;

After the bleed, take the bleed block out and pump the lever to push out the pads a touch.
    Then to the in-and-out thing with the top syringe, this will introduce more oil into the system and the pads will ‘set’ closer to the disc.
    Seems to have worked for me.

APF

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve no experience with those brakes…I would say on the old avids I just keep repeating the process untill I’m happy how it feels. I like sram stuff…but give me shimano brakes just for ease of bleeding!

freeriding
    Free Member

How do i perform a bleed without resetting them?
    I shouldn’t use a bleed block? What should i use instead?

lazybike
    Free Member

You could fabricate/bodge up a thinner bleed block..or do as was suggested and carefully push a bit more fluid in with the bleed block out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sram guide rsc- bleed & lever throw’ is closed to new replies.