Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SRAM Guide RE brakes
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Anyone using the SRAM guide RE brakes for regular trail use. Looking for some nice powerful brakes with good modulation for trail use. These seem to be getting some good press – and yes i know they are meant for E-Bikes

Worth it over regular Guide RS for a bit more accessible power or are the regular guides more than enough?

joebristol

Not tried the SE, but I have the Guide RS and have never ever wanted for more power.

lewis75
    Free Member

I found a deal on some Code calipers and matched them with some Guide levers and can honestly say they are the best brakes I’ve ever owned. Lovely modulation and buckets loads of stopping power.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

That exactly what the RE brakes are. Code calipers with guide levers

lewis75
    Free Member

Yup, hence the recommendation

M1llh0use
    Free Member

new bike came with guide r.

can’t get rid quick enough, horrid lever feel. will be swapping out with shimano at end of month…

horses for courses 😐

joebristol

Think the guide r is missing the cam that ramps up the pressure.

Although the sram guides have a very different feel to Shimano. I’ve got Deore on my hardtail and the modulation is nowhere near as nice as the guide rs’ I have.

mattbee

Yeah, the Guide R are much more like Avid brakes of old.
    Had RS since they came out a few years ago and had zero issues with 2 sets. Consistent power delivery, plenty of it & both sets have kept very similar lever travel.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been looking at the rs, for similar money and weight the hope e4 is there and in purple

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Guide RE brakes’ is closed to new replies.