Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM Guide brake – how to bleed?
  • colournoise

Riding mate (genuinely – I have the sense to run XT brakes) has just bought SRAM Guides. Needs to cut the hose and bleed them but can’t find any decent instructions online.

Is this because they’re new or are they the same in this respect as previous SRAM/Avid brakes?

philstone

I’ve read it’s the same process as previous models.

mattbee

I used my spare Reverb bleed kit as the fixings were the same and bled with 2 syringes, from the bottom up. Took a few min and seems to have done the job nicely.

somouk
    Free Member

The new reservoir types on the guides means they’re not as sensitive to a bad bleed anymore. Looking for some RS for my bike as I like the matchmaker clamps.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I shortened the hoses on mine and they bled perfect first time. The brakes feel great. Power and modulation are excellent.

Method is the same as old Juicy. I used my old bleed kit.

deadkenny
    Free Member

colournoise – Member
    Needs to cut the hose and bleed

Likely doesn’t need bleeding.

I cut the hose on my X0 Trail which is essentially the same as the Guide. Didn’t bleed it and it’s been perfect for over 6 months so far.

As said they redesigned them from Trail onwards and should have less issues requiring a bleed.

somouk
    Free Member

They’re probably like the old XT where you can take the top off and top the resevoir up by dropping some fluid in if there is any air after shortening the hoses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Guide brake – how to bleed?’ is closed to new replies.