Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sram Guid R bleed help
  • mjsmke

I noticed the bite point on my rear brake was much sooner than the front. So the rear lever didn’t move much before biting. The pads were nearly worn out so I’ve just bled the rear brake with new pads in and the correct spacer. There was a little air in the system so thought that might be the problem. Re installed the caliber and the first pull of the lever was quite a lot, just like when you push the caliber pistons back and it resets itself. The trouble is after a few pulls the lever hardly moves and the pads are way too close. It can’t bee too much fluid as the first few pulls felt normal.

Any ideas?

jimmy

Try letting a bit out, nothing to lose. Ok doing that?

EDIT: but here’s a thing. I bled mine today and found the pad to be just too big for the caliper (superstar, painted pad plates) so filed them down a touch. Check your pads aren’t too big and fouling on the caliper.

mjsmke

The odd thing is the first pull of the lever moves quite far so I’m pretty sure there is not too much fluid.

I just gave the pistons a clean and lubed with brake fluid in case they were sticky.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mjsmke

Still no luck.

Maybe the pistons are sticking?

jimmy

Have got isolated each piston to check they’re all moving?

mjsmke

Have got isolated each piston to check they’re all moving?

Year they’re all moving. I gave them a clean a lube and moved them back and forth to check and all seem to move fine. Just trying another bleed now.

tymbian
    Free Member

The other week Leisure Lakes took over 2 hrs to bleed my rear guide only to ascertain it neefs to be sent back to Sram under warranty as there must be a leak in the system.
    Do you have the new shaped caliper that requires the Sram ‘Bleeding Edge Tool’ adapter?

mjsmke

Do you have the new shaped caliper that requires the Sram ‘Bleeding Edge Tool’ adapter?

I’m not sure. Its from 2015. Bleeding was easy enough t get any air out. When the lever bites it feels solid like the front brake and performs fine. The issue is the rear lever only moves about 1cm whereas the front lever moves at least 2cm. After bleeding it feels perfect for about 3 or 4 pulls on the lever then only moves 1cm. Im convince something is sticking so I’ve ordered replacement seals and pistons that i can fit later in the week.

coatesy
    Free Member

After cleaning and lubing your pistons, they are now moving freely in their seals, and self adjusting as they should (but usually don’t, as they’re a bit dry/dirty), there’s not a lot you can do other than clean and lube the other to match, and let time take it’s course.

mjsmke

Problem solved!

Rebuilt the caliber with new seals and pistons and all working like new again. Just hope the weather doesn’t turn too bad next week while I’m off work for a few days!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sram Guid R bleed help’ is closed to new replies.