Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM gripshift cable change – aaargh!!
  • cakefest
    Free Member

i’m trying to get a new cable into an SRAM 4.0 Pro front shifter. the flippin’ cable won’t go further than 25mm into the shifter to get past the corner and out the barrel adjuster.

any clues??

sheesh.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

On every sram gripshift I’ve ever worked on, the body of the shifter has a removeable cover just above the elbow to allow you to route it through the barrel adjuster.

frogstomp

Make sure the twister is turned to the end (high or low gear, can’t remember which) to give it a straighter path through the barrel..

PTR
    Free Member

Had the same problem with a 3.0 on my son’s Islabike. Just buy a new shifter, it comes with a cable fitted!

cakefest
    Free Member

I can’t believe that i have to pay £14 for a new shifter just to get a £3 new cable inner. Insanity in the extreme. Would a shop stick a new shifter on to replace a cable? Surely not.

The cable won’t go through whether the gear is set high or low, or anywhere in between. And there’s no removable cover on the shifter to allow easier access.

Here’s a pic of the front shifter at the bottom. http://static.rowerowy.com/GetFile/3325/prod_743_1.jpg

Grrrr.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM gripshift cable change – aaargh!!’ is closed to new replies.