Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM FC-350 cranks with PF30 BB – is there a 68mm threaded BB that will fit?
  • timthetinyhorse

Looking to change my CX frame in the next couple of months, i currently have a Boardman CX Pro with SRAM FC-350 cranks and PF30 BB however the frame im looking at has a standard threaded 68mm BB shell.

Does anyone know if there is a 68mm BB that will fit these cranks?

I have done some googling and not been able to dig anything up.

Thanks

timthetinyhorse

any clues anyone?

onandon
    Free Member

Rotor do one. I use two in two different frames and they’ve been great. The cx bike takes a filthy hammering and it’s still going strong two years later.

Rorschach
    Free Member

No.
    This comes up every couple of months.
    Both those BB’s are for 30mm axled chainsets…..chainsets with wider(aka 386evo)axles to allow for the extra bb width using the cup creates.

Left chainset-68mm between bearing faces
    Right chainset-86mm between bearings faces

dovebiker

Measure the width of the BB shell on your frame – if it is 68mm wide then the answer is probably no, because the crank spindle is too short to accommodate a normal 68mm shell plus bearings either side. If however your BB shell is 86,5mm wide then the crank spindle is long enough. Putting a 30mm spindle crank into a 68mm threaded BB shell leaves naff-all room for the bearings – they need to be outboard.

timthetinyhorse

Thanks for that! makes perfect sense looking at it that way!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM FC-350 cranks with PF30 BB – is there a 68mm threaded BB that will fit?’ is closed to new replies.