Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM Eagle Issue in 42t Cog – gear skipping / not meshing?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

got a strange issue that’s been there from day one on my new eagle setup, its a minor niggle but annoys me all the same

the gears shift absolutely amazingly, up and down the cassette, no problem at all, the b tension has been set, as have all the limit screws etc

the only issue I’m having with it is, when I fast shift up into the 42t cog (second biggest cog), the chain isn’t meshing with the cog, it sits on top of the 42t cog, making a skipping gear type noise, its not really an issue, because if I shift up one at a time it doesn’t do this, its just a bit annoying as sometimes the fast shift up is needed when you forget to change gear before a climb

it literaly only does it when its fast shifted up into 42t cog, not in any other gear at all (its perfect in the bigger 50t cog)

so the 42t is the problem for what ever reason, and only when you go up to it fast

I know the solution is to slowly change into it (which I’m doing), but id like it to be perfect

any thoughts? had some suggestions of folks to no avail so far and lbs had thought theyd cured it but its still the same

the mech hanger is straight and been checked, and all items were new inc new chainring

Milkie
    Free Member

Did you use the little red plastic thingy to setup the gears? That helped me get the shifting even more awesome’er. 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yip used the tool initially, and when sagged, but still there, also tried without and ran the b-tension much closer from some suggestions also, but still the same

ahh well ill just have to shift up into slowly, just wondered if anyone else had the same issue, it probably isn’t even noticeable if you don’t fast shift

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just a quick bump for the afternoon crew, just incase its happened to yours?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Eagle Issue in 42t Cog – gear skipping / not meshing?’ is closed to new replies.