Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Sram Eagle GX
  • cookeaa

I noted the chain:

Nickel plated outer links
    Black Oxide finish for inner links

I reckon that’s going to rust like a bastard at the first sign of moisture…

Overall it’s clearly intended to steal the march on shimano offering more range and more clicks, but reading between the lines it’s built to hit a price point and it’s not going to be light, I would rather settle for an 11-46 cassette, and one less sprocket at the moment…

I’m sure that’ll change within a couple of years though.

davosaurusrex

Christ this is annoying! I’ve spent months agonising over 11 speed choices with Kryton-like levels of indecision, ordered it all last week and now this. Really didn’t think Eagle would drop to GX level so soon at such a competitive price with so little compromise. If I send the 11 speed back will cost about £150 more to go Eagle (although I do prefer Shimano cranks). Is it worth it and am I patient enough? Hmmmm

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Just buy the shifter, mech, cassette & chain then?

I run an XX1 (11spd) setup bit with an XTR crankset (as SRAM & well any any splined, self extracting crank setup) are crap IMO.

davosaurusrex

Think thats the route I’d go Hob Nob (autocorrect made you Job Nib!) but looks like it’s MFG supply first, then complete groupset and individual parts last. Assume OEM bikes will be split and sold by CRC etc though. Just a question of (im)patience really.

lawman91

All groupsets and individual parts should be dropping to dealers who got early pre-orders in around the middle of July so my LBS tell me, as I’ll be getting a spare GX chain for my X01 Eagle setup. Sram don’t recommend it, but you can use any 11-speed crank/chainring you want.

beano68
    Free Member

@Lawman .. Ive got Sram 11 speed cranks on mine at the mo so will that be compatible with the eagle GX groupset then ? … Tweet Cycles only have GPX group sets at the mo and not BB30 ..

Just noticed that Absolute Black do the 12 speed direct mount chain ring so don’t need the newer cranks … happy days

lawman91

Yes the 11-speed cranks work. If you have Sram cranks that can take a direct mount chainring you can chnage to the Eagle chainring very easily but it’s not necessary. I’ve heard reports of Eagle running fine on other rings, like Raceface without issue.

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers bud 😉

davosaurusrex

If anyone wants the groupset without the chainset let me know. My LBS had arranged this for me but unfortunately I had already fitted the 11 speed stuff I bought before gx eagle was announced, balls.
    PM me and I’ll put you in touch

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Sram Eagle GX’ is closed to new replies.