Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SRAM Eagle: any real world experiences yet?
  • colinpm1
    Free Member

So now that 1×12 has arrived, just wondered if anyone has had any proper experience of these on the trails yet? I know that it’s only just landed but I’m curious if anyone has actually tried them out yet. I’ve seen reviews etc on here and various other places but I’m thinking that a proper real world opinion would be good to hear!

crispyrice

I’m a total sucker for new shiny stuff and would happily buy the emperor’s new underpants however I really just can’t see the need for another gear…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i am tempted to chop in my XTR Di2 for it because i don’t like the shifter, we’ll see though

really just can’t see the need for another gear…

why not just make 11 louder eh?

bensales
    Free Member

I imagine it’s just like my XX1 but with even more Spinal Tap.

mboy
    Free Member

I’m a total sucker for new shiny stuff and would happily buy the emperor’s new underpants however I really just can’t see the need for another gear…

All about the gear range innit…

Though personally I’d have been far happier with SRAM bringing out a 10-46 11spd cassette as 500% sounds ace, but I know that whatever chainring I choose, I’ll either never use the 10T or never use the 50… I’m fine just about everywhere on a 10-42, a 44 would be nice sometimes, but a 46 and a 2T bigger chainring at the same time would be ideal…

Yes, Shimano are bringing out an 11-46 XT cassette, but have you seen it? It’s gopping! It looks like it had the worlds laziest product designer working on it, as the outer 10 cogs look identical to the 11-42 cassette, but now with a “Megarange” style ratio jump to the 46!!!

colinpm1
    Free Member

Interesting comments so far

tomhoward

Iirc it’s a few more weeks before it hits shops?

carlos
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    Iirc it’s a few more weeks before it hits shops?

Nah, it’s already out, they ad a full group set in NWMTB last week. A mate was in there and had a good look at it all. Yeah looks nice but how much 😯 I guess to some it’s worth it

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’s certainly out on new bikes as my lbs has a Whyte t130 with it on. Looks great but I only got to look

jonnyrockymountain

Agree with Mark 10-46 or even 10-44 SRAM cassette xx or xo would be great for me at 11speed and no Shimano shite, cos not happy at all with there XT 11-42

tom.nash

ST Towers has it on a bike somewhere so expect a first impressions soon….

Also:
    Pinkbike Review
    Factory Jackson

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Eagle: any real world experiences yet?’ is closed to new replies.