Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram crank tech advice
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me, apart from arm length and 24mm vs 30mm axle is there any differences between the sram carbon cranks?

E.g xx1 x0 etc.

I’ve got some sram direct mount rings that are boost (my frame is boost) and if I’ve got a gxp bottom bracket will all 24mm carbon cranks from sram fit ok or are some of them a wider axle to fit a different standard? Seem to remember DH cranks being a different width years ago but not sure now?

I’m sure I’ve seen some with a different Q factor to each other aswell, what do I want for a standard boost axel trail bike (yeti sb6).

Thanks in advance

chilled76
    Free Member

Anyone?

benpinnick

All of the various ones have different arm construction in terms of carbon/alu/foam core layups. The 24mm GXP are all the same axle lengths AFAIK unless you buy the specific DH versions.

So in essence as long as its the 24mm GXP (not DH) crank, you can choose from any of the flavours. Your DM ring will fit them all OK as far as I know.

benpinnick

All of the various ones have different arm construction in terms of carbon/alu/foam core layups. The 24mm GXP are all the same axle lengths AFAIK unless you buy the specific DH versions.

So in essence as long as its the 24mm GXP (not DH) crank, you can choose from any of the flavours. Your DM ring will fit them all OK as far as I know.

chilled76
    Free Member

How do you know which is DH specific?

benpinnick

Visually at first look theres not that much in it other than the axle length. Obviously though you’d hope anyone listing them called them the DH crank. I think only X01 comes/came in a DH version so if you go XX1/Descendent/Stylo you should be fine, only if you go X01 do you need to be sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram crank tech advice’ is closed to new replies.