Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SRAM Connectamajig
  • aP
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything about these?
    I will need to get a brake hose shortened which has this new “tekkernology”. Are shops up to speed on this yet? Or will I be treated to “early adopter” shenanigans?

aP
    Free Member

No one?

Lummox

Shorten at lever end, screw threaded barb back onto shortened hose. No need to touch connectamajig. I haven’t and I’ve fitted my stealth post twice

I suspect it is a device that allows assembly of bikes with stealth posts removing the need to bleed them at the factory

DickBarton

Been around for a good while now so no issues with shops doing the work.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

And swapping brakes over from Euro to UK. My Rival-equipped SuperX has em and Shimano use em too now (Munqechick’s Focus CX with Ultegra has em).

julzm
    Free Member

The connectamajig can be taken off and refitted if required but as above better to unscrew at lever end and cut/refit.

I’ve just replaced a reverb with one which didn’t have a connectamajig from one that did. It was a simple job of removing the connectamajig from the old reverb and refitting it to the replacement, which saved me having to redo the internal stealth routing.

aP
    Free Member

Thanks, what worries me slightly is its brakes rather than dropper post, I’d rather not get into the complicated word of bleeding…..

julzm
    Free Member

It’s fairly straightforward to bleed provided you have the SRAM syringes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Connectamajig’ is closed to new replies.