Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram Chain ring question
  • bones76
    Free Member

Am about to buy a 46 tooth Sram chain ring from a certain company but in typical fashion there are two versions, can anyone tell me the difference between the below chain rings please

1) 46T / 5 Bolt 110mm BCD / Aluminium L-Pin / Black

2) 46T / 5 Bolt 110mm BCD / Aluminium S-Pin / Black

Just want to know what L-pin is compared to S-pin…

Any help appreciated

bones76
    Free Member

So know one here knows either then??!! I am surprised at that!!!

z1ppy

I could only find that thread too, but this page/info off ukbikestore may help fill in some gaps

Sram/Truvativ Chainring MTB XX

Tungsten grey 10 speed

L-pin = GXP Q156/BB30 Q164/SBCSpider
    S-pin = BB30 Q156
    C-pin = GXP Q166/Cannondale Spider

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/54/crtxx/sramtruvativ-chainring-mtb-xx.html

bones76
    Free Member

I see, now it all makes sense..well a little anyhow!!

So am a right in thinking then that the one above with the L pin will fit my Sram rival chain set that i intend to run on my Cross bike and should it not because the pin is too long i would be able to grind a little of until it did fit?!

What a carry on IMO all just to fit a chain ring!!! 😮

quantockspaul
    Free Member

I had a similar issue when buying truvativ rings for the xo cranks on my spesh epic – it refers to the length of the pin that prevents the chain jamming in between the crank arm and the outside chainring. The guys at certini in Plymouth were very helpful and I was told that when the parts were first made available they only did one length pin, the L, and so that’s what they fitted to all maintenance/repairs. I think there is very little difference in the length of pin. I’d go with the L and file it if it’s an issue – it was very soft alu on mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram Chain ring question’ is closed to new replies.