Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SRAM BB30 cranks to threaded BB; is there a cure?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

The new frame I have coming has a normal threaded BB and boost rear. I have a BB30 SRAM XX1 crankset. Firstly i thought I could grab a GXP BB and I’d be golden. But no, I would need to get at least a new chainring to offset for the change in Q. Then I find that I can’t fit the BB30 into a threaded BB. Is that right? Do I need a new crankset?
    Having a nightmare getting a boost rear wheel with non boost front, and now the cranks. This boost stuff is killing me!!!!

dovebiker

Depends on what length of spindle the cranks is fitted with and what’s needed for your frame? BB/PF30 cranks use inboard bearings so generally don’t work with threaded BB shells/ external bearing BBs as there’s no room for the bearings to go.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s what I feared. Bugger. Thanks.
    Any experts on chainlines? I understand that the ideal is 52mm? or is it 49mm?
    According to this;
    http://www.raceface.com/media/Crank_Q-factors_and_chainlines.pdf
    A SixC normal crank will give me 51mm, will that work?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simondbarnes

Having a nightmare getting a boost rear wheel with non boost front,

Why?

wrecker
    Free Member

Seems like it’s custom build only, and I quite like Mavic and DT swiss factory builds. The DT and mavic boost wheels don’t appear to be readily available as yet.

simondbarnes

The DT and mavic boost wheels don’t appear to be readily available as yet.

Haven’t got the Mavic data to hand but Madison are listing plenty of DT Swiss rear boost wheels in stock.

simondbarnes

Just checked Mavic, they seem to have plenty available to ship as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s good news. The only place I can find with the Dt wheels I like (EX1501, 25mm) only have centrelock listed. Nowhere that I can find have the option to supply the XA elites with non-boost front, boost rear, no black colours appear to be available.

theocb
    Free Member

I think there are adaptors available to convert DT’s, Wolftooth components perhaps?? I can’t remember.

wrecker
    Free Member

Lindarets boostinator, they don’t seem to be in the UK!

simondbarnes

The only place I can find with the Dt wheels I like (EX1501, 25mm) only have centrelock listed

The DT Swiss website shows them only being available in centrelock unless I’ve missed them.

hatter

Almost all DT wheels now come in centre lock but have 6-bolt adapters included in the box.

The new EX1501’s come in boost and non-boost and are sold per wheel so you can mix and match.

I’ve been riding the 30mm wide versions for a few months if you have any questions

theocb
    Free Member

Lindarets boostinator, they don’t seem to be in the UK!

Ah Yes.. that’s the one.

Shame no one’s supplying them in UK, I’m sure I read somewhere that there was a distributor here?

No idea what wolftooth’s shipping times are like? Or how desperate you are to ride the new bike :0)

wrecker
    Free Member

Jeez all these standards!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SRAM BB30 cranks to threaded BB; is there a cure?’ is closed to new replies.