Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sram 8 speed. It’s not about real ale and tweed shorts.
  • Agency_Scum
    Free Member

My apologies if ( like the Tesco torch thing ) this has been posted before. If that’s the case just walk on there’s nothing to see here.
    HOWEVER, if not there’s a petition to get Sram to bring back high-end 8 speed gear. I found it on the retrobike website.
    The petition is here.

I’m a huge fan of retro biking but I’m not doing this from a rose-tinted specs point of view. This makes huge sense from a sensible point of view as far as engineering tolerances are concerned ( tougher and thicker chains, higher loads, longer to wear out ) as well as cost ( they’ve done their R+D and they’ve got the tooling ).
    Anyway, hope you sign it.

funkynick

Longer to wear out? How is this a good thing for SRAM? They’ll make stuff that wears at a reasonable rate to keep you happy, while making sure they do wear out so you have to buy replacements…

The only upside for SRAM would be if more people starting buying their stuff because it was 8 speed rather than Shimano 8/9 speed…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sram 8 speed. It’s not about real ale and tweed shorts.’ is closed to new replies.