Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SRAM 2×10 replacement chain rings
  • mega
    Free Member

The outer chainring seems shot on my hard tail – chain slips with any pressure in outer ring but is fine with heavy pressure on inner ring. It’s an X9 BB30 chain set with 39T outer and 120mm BCD.

I can’t quite believe the SRAM prices for replacement chainring ~£60 !
    Anyone know of a cheaper way to sort this?

Renthal do a 39t 120BCD chain ring but it’s for a 1×10 setup so doesn’t have shifting profile on inside of the chainring. Would that ring work OK? I don’t use little ring too much but like having it there so not interested in 1×10.
    Ta!

dantsw13

Hmm, I’m pretty sure my SRAM x0 inner ring was only £20 a while back?

dantsw13

But I’ve just googled a 39t, and ouch!! A SRAM 39t road 5 bolt ring is £21, so they are taking the piss!

dantsw13

I’d be tempted to get a SLX chainset for not much more from Ze Germans!!

DickBarton

I’m about to be in the same boat…same chainset so it isn’t as straightforward as just buying a new chainset (I don’t think) – or is it? If so, I’ll see about that…

Basically, I need a BB30 2×10 chainset – what is there out there?

glen815
    Free Member

North Shore Billet do a replacement spider which then allows you to fit standard 104 BCD rings which are a great deal cheaper. About thirty quid delivered from Canada.

mega
    Free Member

cheers for the replies

I could go for the north shore billet one but that plus 2x chain rings would be more expensive in the short term.

I think it might actually have to be a new chain set! That’s really wasteful. ):

When my X0 chainring went I found a 104mm middleburn ring with no problem but seems like this 120mm is an odd size.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Praxis works do ring sets in 120 but not sure there much cheaper

Genuine xt rings would not a cheap thing either let alone xtr

Will_Lockie
    Free Member

I’ve got an XO 2 x 10 chainring knocking about somewhere – it’s unused. Do you want to take it off my hands?

drop me an email – will.lockie@gmail.com

cheers, Will

mega
    Free Member

cheers will – if it’s 120 BCD and 39 tooth (ish) I’ll take it

just to clarify X0 on my posh bike was 104BCD and X9 on my slightly less posh bike is 120BCD

its the 120mm BCD rings that seem hard to find for reasonable cost

Will_Lockie
    Free Member

Just checked size – it is 104BCD so no good to you, sorry about that!

Will

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SRAM 2×10 replacement chain rings’ is closed to new replies.