Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • SRAM 1x chainline / Boost chainring question
  • Superficial
    Free Member

Apologies for the very specific question but I can’t find the answer on Google.

Currently I have SRAM XO1 on my Canyon Strive (CF Race if it makes a difference). For reasons I don’t understand, it came with a SRAM XO1 crank with spider & normal 4 hole 34t ring rather than a nice direct mount ring. I haven’t had any real issues with this setup although the chainline is pretty angulated in the larger rear sprockets. There’s no issue with tyre/chainstay clearance.

I want to change this for for a smaller 32t oval ring. The Works Components one only seems to come in Boost which I think gives it an extra 3mm of offset vs ‘normal’ but I don’t know how a standard direct mount would compare. Should I be looking elsewhere for a non – Boost version or should I just not worry?

greyspoke
    Free Member

I am grappling with these issues, currently fitting stuff to a Boost frame. If you haven’t read it, One-Up’s chainline guide is good. Possibly boost chainline with non-boost rear end might lead to back-pedal derailment in the big cog?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘SRAM 1x chainline / Boost chainring question’ is closed to new replies.