Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram 10spd Pwer Link Tool
  • fivespot
    Free Member

Got a bit miffed when I recently went 10spd and ordered a Sram chain, only to discover the power link is not reusable. I like to remove my chains quite often for cleaning, as I have access to a parts cleaning bath. So I knocked-up the tool below from an old cheap electrical cable crimpers. Bit of angle grinding and Dremelizing later, and it worked a treat 1st time. Refitting the link still gives a noticeable clunk when it locks into place, simples 😉

AdeC
    Free Member

top job sir!

I have successfully used a pair of circlip pilers to do the same job.

what do you think about that eh SRAM? you know where you can stick your ‘one use only’ 10sp power links

trail_rat
    Free Member

one of these then ?

bigdonx
    Free Member

Re-cycling, to re-cycle, so you can re-cycle……..its almost too good for the environment!

fivespot
    Free Member

trail rat…I had no idea that tool was available

rootes1

wippermann connex links are better than srams as you do not have to squash then inwards first to clear the pin/plate recess..

they rely on the shape of the hole to keep the pin in the right place than then the recess of the sram

this means they are much less likely to gum up with crud etc making them far easier to undo (not that sram are hard to do if they are clean)

see:
    Connex

sram

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Second the Whipperman jobbies – have swapped over to them on rad bike and mtb.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Rootes, they are 9spd links no? Much easier to do than the new 10spd type.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Park Master Link pliers that Trail Rat pictures are one of the most useful pieces of kit in my tool box.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram 10spd Pwer Link Tool’ is closed to new replies.