Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Squirty cream , is there anything worse to be served in a restaurant ?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

squirty cream

In the restaurants defence, could it have been the fresh stuff done with a gas cannister rather than pasteruised “Anchor cream substitute”. The former’s forgivable in a busy kitchen, fresh whipped cream is a PITA, but supermarket crap isn’t forgivable under any circumstances.

emsz
    Free Member

Re heated rolls or shop bought bread

Without being a snob if a chef can’t make bread…. Cafes are seperate though, if I’m going to a cafe for eggs and chips I expect 2 slices of thick white.

That whole whipped cream thing…can I suggest Nutella? 😈

tomd
    Free Member

Heh heh…yeah, that’s the one. Sampled its delights yourself have you?

Yes it’s an absolute dump. Mercifully we’re now banned from staying there for work. I kind of admire their business sense though – they have invested zero in the place since it was built in the 70s but can still charge £100+ a night because of the demand in that area. They’re also guaranteed a few weeks a year when it will be jammed out when there’s a problem flying people to the rigs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stealthcat

Does anyone remember the squirty chocolate mousse? My brother and his friends had an outdoor food fight with the stuff, and it killed large areas of the lawn…

NZCol

Frozen packet veg dining in a reatsurant attached to a market garden !
    Best one ever was during a expedition race, came across a ‘cafe’, woo hoo it had a decent coffee machine so ordered a coffee. Watched in slow motion awe as the lady filled the group head with cheap Nescafe powder then ran the water from the machine through it into a cup. The piece de resistance was then adding skimmed milk ! To be fair it was rural Tasmania but still ….

mogrim

Nothing wrong with a bit of squirty cream at times, both in a restaurant and at home… Depends on the restaurant, though – I wouldn’t expect it at some upmarket place.

Stuff made using frozen veg is a pet hate, when you see all the perfect little cubes of watery carrot you just know it’s not been cooked fresh.

tomd
    Free Member

One thing that gets me is the wild and varied intepretations of “fresh seasonal vegetables”.

Fresh seasonal vegetables are not potatoes (fried) or a few dried out frozen peas.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    squirty cream
    In the restaurants defence, could it have been the fresh stuff done with a gas cannister rather than pasteruised “Anchor cream substitute”. The former’s forgivable in a busy kitchen, fresh whipped cream is a PITA, but supermarket crap isn’t forgivable under any circumstances.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

The difference is pretty obvious , even I can tell .

Bunnyhop

But in general anything served by an establishment that has photo’s of the food.

This is my rule of thumb. Any photos of the food and we don’t go there.

emsz – completely agree with you about having decent bread. Even a toastie should be served with nice crusty home-made bread.

Another pet hate is iceberg lettuce – yuk!

D0NK

As above , just had nice meal out , Lemon Tart for dessert and it comes accompanied by a mound of squirty cream

You didn’t specify? Since the invention of squirty cream at every family meal out I’ve had to listen to my dad ask “is that proper pouring cream with the apple pie/whatever?” when the dessert menu came out.

I now do the same
    I am becoming my dad
    🙄

murf
    Free Member

Warm, flat juice served straight from the 2 litre bottle.
    Reasonable looking Chinese restaurant too!

cheers_drive

Chips that have come from a freezer bag. My pet hate.
    I prefer frozen chips that are deep fried (pub chips) over chip shop chips. Oven chips are evil though.
    The liquid cheese that you get with cinema nachos are the most artificial thing I’ve ever tasted.

gogg
    Free Member

Bull Semen, can’t stand it myself.

gazc
    Free Member

we once ate out at a decent looking place in vienna whilst on a trip. unfortunately my ‘chefs special’ turned out to be funny shaped pasta mixed with baked beans, hot dog sausages, meatballs, chopped up PEK tinned pork and wierd squirmy things (mushrooms???) all lathered up in a red coloured syrup (possibly tomato but can’t be sure). at the time i wish i’d had the same as my girlfriend – schnitzel which looked like dried up roadkill!

Cougar

I quite like squirty cream. Best served squirted directly into the mouth. (Rule 34?)

Will I die?

aracer
    Free Member

Tinned fruit with squirty cream FTW

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Squirty cream , is there anything worse to be served in a restaurant ?’ is closed to new replies.