Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Squelchy Fox
  • covertbaz
    Free Member

Hi all,

Recently bought a Intense Carbine via this forum, which for the most part i’m very happy with.

However the Fox RP23 Kashima that came with the bike i’m not so happy with, previous owner did state that it wasn’t serviced by him, so no come back there and I wouldn’t go finger pointing anyway.

I’ve service the air can and from what I could see all is in good condition. Yet when on the bike it makes a squelchy noise

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem may be, quick fixes without having to send anywhere, something I can do myself (fairly tech savvy)???

I have a new shock on order but its going to be another couple of weeks before I get this and i’d rather not miss the riding time.

keppoch

I have had this a number of times. I seem to remember it is due to the nitrogen leaking. Cannot be repaired by standard equipment but LoCo did mine.

legend
    Free Member

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem may be, quick fixes without having to send anywhere, something I can do myself (fairly tech savvy)???

It’s cavitating, you’re nitrogen is no longer where it should be. Time to send away for a service if you want rid of the noise in a hurry

VanHalen

i think every shock from every brand i’ve ever owned (both old and new) made a squelchy noise of some sort. if its got damping and seems to work ok i’d ride it till your new shock comes and not worry too much.

northernmatt

What they said, something to do with the nitrogen charge. Used LoCo here as well. Took a couple of days.

covertbaz
    Free Member

Thanks all, kinda what I thought, will get it sent off when new one arrives

mtbtom
    Free Member

My shock (DRCV RP2) made more noise after I’d had it PUSHed. Even if it’s the nitrogen is cavitating, I don’t think it’s going to do any damage.

Assuming you’ve got enough damping, I’d ride it for the few weeks you have until your new one arrives.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Squelchy Fox’ is closed to new replies.