Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Squeezebox
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone got one?

Am I right in thinking that all I need is a squeezebox receiver and the app on my android phone to get going? Just connect the box to a channel on my amp?

I have my music on a drive in the main computer, I guess I need to install software on the computer too?

Drac

Yup I do they’re excellent. You also need to run a computer with the server software on and then it pick up your music libary, internet radio, Spotify or Napster. Your smartphone will act as a great remote to select what you want to lisen to.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’ve not got that version but I got a squeeze box radio. When it works it’s great but it can be a bit flaky and quite often it won’t find the music, although I suspect that that is more to do with the operator than the equipment. One of the issues that I had when hooking running it off my computer was that if it went into “sleep” or “hibernate” mode then it stop working. I overcame this by running it off my home media server which is obviously always on. The software install on your computer is just downloaded from the Logitech website.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

cheers guys

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Damn.

I thought this was about a great band called Squeezebox I saw many years ago in a pub in Snaith!

geoffj

Pros & Cons versus WD TV Live Hub Media Center 1TB ?

I’m thinking not having to have the computer on to play movies etc., is better?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

and i thought it was about plus-tech squeezebox, a slightly alternative japanese electro-pop band of about 10 years ago 🙁

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDeS5EWc75k[/video]

alanbill99

Had one for 2 years – best ‘seamless’ piece of kit I’ve got next to the ipod. Got all my music on a ‘permanently on’ pc under the stairs. Squeezebox works perfect first time every time. Works seamlessly with itunes inc playlists too.

Makes me listen to music again in the house (instead of just in the car)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nice kit, but as mentioned does require an always-on PC which is a bit painful on the wallet even with a fairly low power qnap equiv.

djglover
    Free Member

Whahts the benefit over hooking a laptop to an amp, is it the remote control functionality, or is there more?

Stoner
    Free Member

You can use more than one receiver unit so can stream to different rooms.

My PC is almost permanently on anyway – its my main work computer. But since It’s not far from the amp anyway, it’s no big deal waking it up if I want to play something.

Could probably set up the pc to wake on lan or something and it’ll wake up at a squeezbox request or use an android app to do it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Squeezebox’ is closed to new replies.