Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • squealing brakes
  • crapjumper
    Free Member

I’ve got a massive squeal and sometimes it vibrates through the frame when i’m using my rear brake.I’ve checked all the usual places and everything is all good and tight with no oil or grease where it shouldn’t be.The brakes are juicy 3’s and the pads are sintered and about 2 months old (changed my front ones at the same time and they’re fine ).I’m sure some of you good people out there must have had this problem in the past so any answers will be gratefully received. thanks

orangeboy
    Free Member

This not what you want , but some discs just do that
    Could try some pads as its easy to do
    Or copper slip on back of the pad

Are you sure they are clean

spectabilis
    Free Member

Caliper alignment and pads centered ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spectabilis
    Free Member

Hope video but principle the same regardless of brand

caliper alignment

steviecapt
    Free Member

i had the same problem with my bike since it was new 2yrs ago, no matter what i tried it would squeal with sintered pads, so i changed to a softer compound pad hasnt squealed since ,some bikes and rotors dont like the hard compound pads, and at £18 for four sets of the softer pads i dont care if they wear down a bit quicker

crapjumper
    Free Member

I aligned my caliper properly and guess what ? NO SQUEAK AND VIBRATION !! So a big thanks for the suggestion

andyrm
    Free Member

Copperslip behind the pads, loosen all bolts, get a mate pulling the lever as hard as poss while you tighten up. No more squeal….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘squealing brakes’ is closed to new replies.