Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Squeaky Remedy
  • AndyDuke
    Free Member

I have a trek remedy (2008 Remedy 7) which has developed a fair few squeaks in the pivot points.

Any ideas for the best solution? FS biking is new to me so I want to make sure I keep the bike in good condition.

What's the crack about GT85 spray, is this a water dispensor or a lubricant? Would it be a complete no-no to try this on the pivot points?

qert6
    Free Member

The pivots are Sealed cartridge bearings except the 2 on the shock. gt85 isnt going to do anything for them apart from attracting dust. It is possible to add grease to the bearings by undoing the bolts and popping the seal out of the bearing with a sharp knife. Then you can add a bit of grease. I did this to mine with good results but got stuck at the main pivot just above the BB. It has a single axle running through the frame which needs to come out to get access to the drive side bearing, the 2 were corroded together so as i dont have a press I sent it off the LBS for that bit. (there dont seem to be any main pivot bearings in the country either until early next week :o( ) To check the shock bushings, with the bike taking its own weight on the floor, hold onto the spacer between the top shock eye and the evo link and lift the bike from the seat. If there is wear you'll feel movement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Squeaky Remedy’ is closed to new replies.