Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Squeaky cleats
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Anything I can do ?
    It’s either my shoes or my cleats but it’s quite annoying.
    Any suggestions that you’ve tried that worked?

avdave2

GT85 for me.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not had to solve the problem myself, but dad uses finish line dry teflon lube on his cleats and it seems to work.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve got a pair of road shoes that creak, it’s the synthetic uppers rubbing where bits overlap – drives me mad (especially as they’re s-works rather than cheap shoes I can just replace). I made it a bit better by putting a layer of sellotape inbetween the overlaps but it’s impossible to get it to cover all the areas.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Finish Line do a pedal and Cleat lube, I got some free at an event somewhere.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

GT85 made mine squeak.

Mud tends to stop it.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Tried GT85, maybe I put a bit too much on but my feet just slipped all over the place.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I had this on my mavic summer clipless boots on shimano xtr pedals, but of lube helped keep at bay until it dried out in the summer heat (when we had some last year), then came back as soon as the lube spray wore off

since ive switched to the crank brothers mallet e pedals the interface must be difference (where about the cleats sit on the pedal) as these don’t make a single noise

feel your pain as it was mega annoying!

philjunior
    Free Member

From experience it comes and goes of its own accord. Might have to try some carefully applied dry lube/GT85 next time!

medoramas
    Free Member

Wet lube for me – big drop on the side of the pedal and spread it around with two fingers.

I remember racing in Newnham some time ago and it was so dry and dusty, that every single bike had squeaky pedals.

matts
    Free Member

finish line dry teflon lube

Yes.

Wet lube for me

No (dirt and grit sticks to wet lube)

aether531
    Free Member

Candle wax. Just rub a candle on the bit where the cleat is rubbing. You could even use a scented one for extra ambiance…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Squeaky cleats’ is closed to new replies.