Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Square taper BB
  • gdj001
    Free Member

I’ve just bought this chainset off ebay:
    chainset

Which need a square taper bottom bracket but I am unsure of what length I need. The bottom bracket width on the frame 68mm but spline length I’m unsure of.

Is there any way of telling from the cranks or is it best to order the 3 different sizes off and sending the other 2 back?

Clobber
    Free Member

Should say in the manual for the cranks you’ve just bought. What are they? the link isn’t working for me

gdj001
    Free Member

i’ll see if i can hunt down the packaging when i get home. they are branded as tenman cranks. hopefully this link works

Cranks

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Axel length is determined by the chain set, not the bike. Might be worth just asking the seller what it’s meant to have?
    Although road triple, it’s more likely to be a longer (118mm+) than a shorter one.

gdj001
    Free Member

I’m using it as a singlespeed for commutting if that makes any difference?

i’ll ask the seller as well though, thanks

Clobber
    Free Member

buy a 118 as goldenwonder suggested and space the rear cog to suit the chainline

(assuming you’re using a wheel with a cassette freehub and not a screw on free-wheel)

gdj001
    Free Member

It’s got a screw on freewheel. i’ll buy a 118 and i can always send it back if it doesnt fit

ds3000
    Free Member

You could always use a couple of spacers on the BB for fine chainline adjustment.

Clobber
    Free Member

Can you do that on a square taper ds3000?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Square taper BB’ is closed to new replies.