Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Sprinter's Radon Swoop 170 8.0 Progress Thread
  • pickle
    Free Member

The bike looks ACE Sprinter, i’m about a month away from ordering mine 🙂

northerntom
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike. think if i was buying a new 275 bike, this would be the one.

Basically looks like a canyon Strive, but cheaper, better geometry, and similar spec for the cash.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Had it on the scales yet?

Not yet, now it’s ‘finished’ I’ll hang it off my luggage scales and see what she comes in at. Should be slightly below book figures now I’ve gone tubeless and spiderless, but not by much.

The bike looks ACE Sprinter, I’m about a month away from ordering mine

Thanks mate, the DM chainring and removing the stock chain guide made such a difference to the overall look of the bike.

For reference the stock chainring is also narrow/wide which I didn’t realise initially.

Lovely looking bike. think if i was buying a new 275 bike, this would be the one.

Basically looks like a canyon Strive, but cheaper, better geometry, and similar spec for the cash.

Geometry for me is spot on, I feel much more like I’m riding ‘in’ the bike not ‘on’ the bike with this setup so it’s a more confident riding position for me personally.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stevet1
    Free Member

For reference the stock chainring is also narrow/wide which I didn’t realise initially.

Err you do realise that SRAM “invented” narrow wide right?

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Err you do realise that SRAM “invented” narrow wide right?

Yes but that doesn’t mean every SRAM chainring made since then is NW, especially when it comes factory fitted with an e13 chainguide.

Nice surprise though as the stock 30T ring will be easier to shift on eBay now! 8)

nickc

That’s really nice. I’m not normally one for blue bikes, but that’s very pretty.

Doesn’t the rear enduro guard set up like that just direct a spray of muddy water straight up your bum? 😆

pickle
    Free Member

I’m probably going to get the entry level one in grey and yellow as I prefer Shimano gears, then just buy the MRP cartridge for the Yari forks further down the line.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

That’s really nice. I’m not normally one for blue bikes, but that’s very pretty.

Doesn’t the rear enduro guard set up like that just direct a spray of muddy water straight up your bum?

Coming from a light blue Stumpjumper my worry was actually that this one would be too dark, but having seen it in real life the non-blue parts are actually a really nice matt gunmetal colour. Not as dark as the Radon website makes out.

Fortunately not because the water tends to come from the back (off the top of the wheel) so it’s main purpose is really to stop gunk travelling towards the shock, my bum is going to get dirty regardless though with a ‘mudguard’ that short. 😆

northerntom
    Free Member

Nice surprise though as the stock 30T ring will be easier to shift on eBay now

Don’t be so hasty, give it a few rides and you might fancy sticking the 30t back on.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Don’t be so hasty, give it a few rides and you might fancy sticking the 30t back on.

I did think about that but to refit it I’d also have to refit the crank spider which would be a pain, so I’ll flog it but probably buy a DM 30T ring at some point. Especially as I still have the original chain still sized for that size ring so it will be an easy swap back.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Took the Swoop on it’s first trip to BikePark Wales on Saturday, and despite the questionable forecast was greeted by partly blue skies and around 20 degrees all day!

Broke 12 Strava PRs on trails I’ve ridden on at least 3 or 4 previous trips to BPW and can’t rate the Swoop highly enough! Geometry makes it feel so much more stable, and it seems to carry a lot more speed than the Stumpjumper did.

Here’s a quick video of a run down the top section of Terry’s Belly to the fire road which only re-opened recently after being closed for 6 weeks for maintainance, so lots of silky smooth berms and of course a PR on my first run down!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32H8l-GQZTA[/video]

pickle
    Free Member

Ordered mine yesterday so looking forward to getting my shipping details soon (hopefully)

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Ordered mine yesterday so looking forward to getting my shipping details soon (hopefully)

In my experience at least, the quoted 4-7 days delivery was the time it takes to get to your address AFTER dispatch, processing time at their end is roughly an additional week on top of that time.

renton
    Free Member

^^^^ is that video ^^^^ sped up or are you Gee Atherton in real life 😯

sprinter2139
    Free Member

^^^^ is that video ^^^^ sped up or are you Gee Atherton in real life 😯

Certainly not Gee Atherton, but nor is the video sped up. (although I don’t hang about either) 😆

Just shot in 60fps 1080p (in Superview mode), colour corrected and sharpened slightly and then uploaded straight to YouTube!

renton
    Free Member

Brilliant mate.

IHN

I appreciate I’m late to this thread, but

She tried my longest Geometron which was a tad too long then my mates longer which she really liked

Come on, no-one? No-one?

russyh
    Free Member

Got any descent video on an actual trail at BPW other than the qualifier bit of Terry’s? Be interested to hear how it goes on some of the burley stuff as I have a friend looking at one.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Come on, no-one? No-one?

Omg how did we miss that!? 😆

Got any descent video on an actual trail at BPW other than the qualifier bit of Terry’s? Be interested to hear how it goes on some of the burley stuff as I have a friend looking at one.

I spent most of the day doing part-runs while I was setting things up so I wasn’t filming that much, these two clips of the jump lines on the A470 which I did near the end of the day are about as gnarly as I’ve got on film. I’ll be heading back out there on the 18th to hit some of the rougher stuff on camera though.

Did a couple of runs down some of the black stuff like ‘Coal not dole’ and ‘Pork Belly’ off-camera though and it did feel a lot more controlled, definitely noticed the front end being a lot less twitchy over the rocks and roots.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBG8taVI58Q[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfexI461y7U[/video]

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

How’re you getting on with it? Did you manage to weigh it? And what size is yours?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Sprinter's Radon Swoop 170 8.0 Progress Thread’ is closed to new replies.