Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Spreading the load!
  • JCornford

My manager left in November and to date they haven’t put a plan in action to replace him. In his absence I have ended up taking up the reigns in certain areas as otherwise nothing will get done, although a lot of areas were left uncovered as there wasn’t the man power to do it.

A plan is now starting to hatch to get the team back up to speed, although no replacement manager! We will now have an apprentice to ease the work load from my colleague and I, as well as a member of staff who will come in at a similar level, making us a 4 man team. I was given the job description of this new person today and one of their responsibilities is something that makes up about 70% of my job! I know I’m not being pushed out, all I can think is that they will be adding a lot of my managers tasks to my job role and expecting me to work for the same money/title!

sharki
    Free Member

Yes,sack yourself.

JCornford

I don’t have the authority to do that lol

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

So your job security has improved and that’s bad?

JCornford

I’m either going to have nothing to do, or be doing the managers job but on my current pay and title.

sharki
    Free Member

You need to ask the boss to sack you as you’re having to do jobs that are not in your job description.
    It’s not not your responsibility so he needs to either hire a manager or promote you along with the appropriate pay increase you deserve.

If you do not tell him your concerns, there’s a chance he doesn’t know of them.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sounds like a long term opportunity to me. But I see everything as an opportunity.

JCornford

We are getting new job descriptions tomorrow.

He will know my concerns tomorrow.

Northwind

5thElefant – Member

“Sounds like a long term opportunity to me”

Sounds like a short term opportunity or a long term Shaft ™ to me.

JCornford

I’m thinking along the same lines as you Northwind.

Are they allowed to just write you a new job description and keep the wages the same?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Spreading the load!’ is closed to new replies.