• This topic has 60 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Sprained ankle, possible nerve damage. Any point going to GP – A&E?
  • DrP

Can you put your foot in a scanner and email it to me?
    Or failing that, chop it off and post it?

I get paid £110 for each consultation I perform ‘remotely’…
    (chortle)

DrP

Drac

They X-rayed, but didnt think it was broken. Only when I went to a proper hospital did they realise it was broken.

‘Proper’ hospitals sometimes miss wrists, they usually do a review on wrists because they harder to spot fractures.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you put your foot in a scanner and email it to me?

Thoughts?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wanmankylung
    Free Member

There is something gubbed with your mtp joint in your middle toe. That’ll be £60.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

‘Proper’ hospitals sometimes miss wrists, they usually do a review on wrists because they harder to spot fractures

or proper hospitals decide that you have a broken wrist, decide to leave you in a back splint for 3 weeks, then decide they shouldn’t have done that but decide without bothering to see the patient that despite the bone moving and restrictions in movement and nerve damage they’ll let it heal and see what physio will do…..

never be the last one seen in a fracture clinic in Bury

and for wrists I recommend Salford there’s a very good surgeon who £10k from my insurers trying to fix my wrist

the A&E care was however very good, just sheer randomness in the quality you get at the next stage

footflaps

Thoughts?

No webbing, so definitely not from Norfolk.

Other than that I’d try amputation…..

Jamie
    Free Member

There is something gubbed with your mtp joint in your middle toe. That’ll be £60.

I’ll inform the owner.

Here you go.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Defiantly go and see somebody about it. I broke my able 2.5 years ago and went to my local A&E after a week (my local is A&E and they have a minor and major departments) they didn’t scan it because I could walk, they sent me away with pain killers.

5 months later I found out that it had been broken and I needed an op to put it right. That worked for a bit but I have just had a second and much more serious op.

If the hospital had x-rayed it when I first went in it would have probably been fine after 5 weeks. Be insistent on a scan.

scotroutes

Forgeries!!!

They all have the same serial number

Jamie
    Free Member

They all have the same serial number

Shhhh!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Interesting view.

Yeah sorry DrP.
    I have a skewed view of GPs after mine insisted for 12 months that the pain I was experiencing was gastric reflux. Seems he was rather wide of the mark when I finally took myself into A&E and ended up on a ward for 10 days with pancreatitis caused by gall stones.
    There have been other GP related incidents within the family that has led to a level of mistrust.

And a large proportion of my family and friends work within the NHS.

I’m sure you’re better than that.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

second story

a lump started growing under an old scar on my head, went to see the GP, they were interested, (the one I saw got two others to have a look ) and they all recommended a head xray, off I go to the hospital, queue then get told tht they “don’t x-ray lumps on your head”

back to GP, GP goes well lets leave it a few more weeks, I go sod that and say give me a referral letter and I’ll go private

go see plastic surgeon, first thing he does is get my head x-rayed……

DrP

Thought?

Sorry, it’s 2 weeks at least to get a thought from me…..

DrP

redstripe
    Free Member

I fell a over t on wet decking a month ago and knackered my left ankle, thought a few beers might help and see how it was in the morning, even more painful and swollen, trip to A & E, x-ray, no breaks but diagnosed detached ligaments on both sides. Bloody painful, a week with a weird boot thing, crutches and painkillers. Can hobble about now and drive but still ankle swells up if up too long. I thought A & E were pretty good, told me it’ll take at least 6 weeks, so not long now I hope. Get well soon

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Update

I nipped down to A&E, there was only myself and a young girl with a limp there, so we were both seen really quickly.

They X rayed my ankle and found it wasn’t broken, but it had been in the past. 😯

They explained that the inflammation was putting pressure on the nerve, and until the former reduced the latter would persist. So as painful as it is, there is no skeletal or ligament damage which is a relief. I will just keep taking anti inflammatories and wear some stout supportive boots until it recovers.

Thanks for all the advice folks. High five the NHS for their efficient service.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

That’s good to hear. VHK is very efficient as hospitals go.

scotroutes

Glad that it’s not more serious.

Is that your nocturnal touring plans up the Suwannee for a while or are you still after some route suggestions?

milky1980
    Free Member

All I read initially was:

myself…young girl…limp there… birth…really quickly

😆

Glad it’s not broken.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers Milky, stealth edit, books into the eye clinic tomorrow. 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Scotroutes, give it a week or so and I will get back to you on a nocturnal tour.

Drac

I nipped down to A&E, there was only myself and a young girl with a limp there, so we were both seen really quickly.

\

2 😯

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Sprained ankle, possible nerve damage. Any point going to GP – A&E?’ is closed to new replies.